lichess.org
Donate

Who thinks Hans Niemann is cheating in the Sinquefield cup 2022?

Carlsen is a sore loser. He can't stand the reality when faced with defeat. This claim is strengthened by the fact that he didn't give a post-game interview when he lost to Karjakin in world championship.
@esmiro said in #40:
> I think he cheated, mostly because
>
> 1. He cheated in the past
>
> 2. His game analysis immediately after the game looked suspicious
>
> 3. I don't think Carlsen would take such a serious decision if he didn't have good reasons to believe he was right.

1. Just because someone used to cheat ONLINE chess doesn't mean they cheated OTB chess. Especially since it is almost impossible these days. The players in the Sinquefield Cup are checked for electronic devices. And with OTB you have to go to the toilet at least, which becomes noticeable after a while.

2. The game analysis looks suspicious because Niemann wants to hide his opening weapons.

3. It is not known why Magnus abandoned the tournament. That it's for cheating is pure speculation. And now to say it was because of cheating is dishonest and dangerous in my view. Such people just want to add fuel to the fire and for an escalation to take place. You don't even know his reasons. And if you don't know his reasons, you can't say he was right. What was he right about?
@odoaker2015 said in #64:

> 3. It is not known why Magnus abandoned the tournament. That it's for cheating is pure speculation. And now to say it was because of cheating is dishonest and dangerous in my view. Such people just want to add fuel to the fire and for an escalation to take place. You don't even know his reasons. And if you don't know his reasons, you can't say he was right. What was he right about?

If it had nothing to with Hans and cheating, why is Magnus radio silent and letting it all continue. He could easily put a stop to all this craziness. It's literally just one tweet away.
@ohcomeon_1 said in #65:
> If it had nothing to with Hans and cheating, why is Magnus letting it all continue. He can easily put a stop to all this craziness. It's literally just one tweet away.

I don't know that. You'll have to ask Magnus about that. Not me!
@ElephantMushroom said in #58:
> I was reserving judgement until I read chessbases report today. Now I am convinced he didn't cheat.

That's not what ChessBase's report says, actually; it just says we the public lack evidence of such a thing.
@odoaker2015 said in #66:
> I don't know that. You'll have to ask Magnus about that. Not me!

I think that Magnus withdrew precisely because he believed that Hans had cheated. It is a way more plausible explanation than him refusing to set things straight after his actions have been grossly misinterpreted causing an innocent person to be viciously attacked by the internet lynching mob.

Because if the latter is the case, it is even more outrageous.
@Toadofsky said in #67:
> That's not what ChessBase's report says, actually; it just says we the public lack evidence of such a thing.

No i doesn't say that he didn't cheat. I just meant I became convinced he didn't.
@ohcomeon_1 said in #68:
> I think that Magnus withdrew precisely because he believed that Hans had cheated. It is a way more plausible explanation than him refusing to set things straight after his actions have been grossly misinterpreted causing an innocent person to be viciously attacked by the internet lynching mob.
>
> Because if the latter is the case, it is even more damning.

That's another speculation on your part. You don't know why he dropped out. Can you prove it was because of cheating?
I do not engage in speculation. As I said, for me this is dishonest and dangerous. All of the speculation has had very unpleasant consequences for Niemann. This is a witch hunt that used to be common in times of Inquisition. And I find it reprehensible to participate in it.
@odoaker2015 said in #64:
> 1. Just because someone used to cheat ONLINE chess doesn't mean they cheated OTB chess. Especially since it is almost impossible these days. The players in the Sinquefield Cup are checked for electronic devices. And with OTB you have to go to the toilet at least, which becomes noticeable after a while.
Actually toilets are checked before and during the tournament so that cheating would sitll require accomplice within tournament organisation.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.