lichess.org
Donate

Percentage of cheaters on lichess who were banned ?

Hi
We should have access to the list of banned cheaters !!! Lichess must help to get rid of this cancer of chess !!
Having an idea of the percentage of cheaters could help too i think ............

Of course we cannot just wait and do nothing !

Bye !

I think the percentage of cheaters is greatly overestimated by many. I heard so many players complain about cheaters but in all the games I played I didn't have the feeling to have played against ANY cheater.
Yes
But it s about all the players with the sentence "this player uses chess computer assistance "
@brainlimit:

I dont get your point. How exactly does knowing the percentage of cheaters helpt to get rid of them?

I would assume thats it could easily be some kind of fun for cheaters to have such a list and to see others who are caught (while they still arent) and so on...

Dont think that such a list is neccessary at all. Analyse your games automatically and report if there are enough clear signs of cheating available. Thats all we can do.

Best wishes
Nada
At high level, where it matters, I guess 1 in 50 is a cheater.
I can say that looking at Wesley So's games. He played about 280 games (the number of unique players is smaller), and he encountered 3 cheaters.

Unless you're trying to be #1 ranked, and every rating point matters, playing against a cheater once in a while shouldn't be that much of an issue.
I have played 3000 games so far, and I haven't met a single cheater. Am I the only one around here?
It's impossible not to meet a single cheater in 3000 games. You just didn't realize when it happened. If you go back through all your losses, a few of the opponents will be marked with "uses computer assistance". It doesn't mean they cheated against you, maybe they didn't.
@ConstantinAlex:

You cant say it like that. It depends on time mode and on other things. If you play classical games against everyone around 2000-2400 then its possible that 1 game out of 20 is against a cheater.

I also saw people who had 5 cheaters in their last 25 classical games but this are rare cases of course. Some bad luck.

Best wishes
Nada
#9 The game itself might not be the proof of me facing cheaters, even though relevant.
Anyway, how can I see the list of cheaters I met? I'd know more
Thanks

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.